Dubai with your Girlfriends
Dubai Round 2! Wow. Visiting Dubai this time was such a unique experience because I shared it with two of my favorite girlfriends. Our trip in a nutshell included soaking up as much vitamin D as possible followed by sightseeing and indulging in bowls (and more bowls) of hummus :)
it's a no brainer
that Dubai is filled with a million AHHMAZING things to do (check out my first Dubai post for more activities!), but if you are looking for a sun-filled and relaxing time, then here are a few highlights for you to explore...
1. The Gardens - The Dubai Miracle Garden and the Dubai Butterfly Garden are perfectly landscaped with pops of vivid colors with butterflies fluttering all around you and fairytale like flower designs. If you're a shutter bug, these two are definitely worth seeing and they are right next to each other making it easy to visit both :)
2. Sip + Dip - What's super cool about Dubai is visiting other hotels to see their interiors. Most hotels offer a pool pass for non-guest to purchase which is the perfect way to satisfy your inner designer :) Our first few days in Dubai we stayed at an apartment, so this was great for us to utilize! We soaked up the sun poolside at the Shangri-La Hotel which features a beautiful view of the Burj Khalifa too!
3. Dining Out - If you're like us, then you love good food. Dubai has some of the best restaurants, including the only 7*STAR* restaurant in the world! Unfortunately, our taste buds did not get to experience those 7 star cuisines (maybe next time ;) ) but, luckily it's easy to eat like Kings and Queens anywhere in Dubai. If you are ever in Dubai, I would highly recommend going to Leila, a Lebanese restaurant located on the exciting downtown strip. Seriously, the best hummus I've ever had. We all STILL talk about this hummus today! If you fancy a cocktail after dinner, then not far from here is a rooftop bar called Treehouse - it has an amazing view of the Burj Khalifa which is stunning to see at night.
4. JBR Beach - Visiting JBR should be on your list! Not only does it have public beach access but it offers a strip full of retail, cafes and seaside restaurants!
5. Spa Time - Dubai knows how to spoil and pamper you when it comes to the spa! For our last night in Dubai we stayed at The Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and was in awe of the beauty, ambiance and experience we had there. The therapeutic scent when you walk into the hotel and spa area immediately relaxes your mind. Recently awarded the Worlds Best Spa Resort (whhatt!) the interiors overflow with marble and mosaic murals which is truly breathtaking. We didn't book treatments, but more than enjoyed our time relaxing by the starlit pool and lavishly designed jacuzzi lounge - You must go and experience it for yourself!