Warm Weather Activities in Hamburg
This past weekend was the first weekend it truly felt like Spring in Hamburg. A clear blue sky and warm sunshine had everyone flocking to the outdoors. The cherry blossom trees budding, flowers sprouting and the trees showing off their lush green leaves makes Hamburg even more beautiful.
The city had an energetic vibe to it with all the activities one can do when visiting Hamburg during warmer weather. JD and I started our day off in the Hafencity and this is where we saw one of the coolest activities (or at least we thought so!) - on road Go-Kart tours! It was a group of 10 or so touring throughout Hamburg - how cool is that? I did some research after seeing this and there is actually a couple of options you can do.
The tour we saw was a Street-Kart tour through Heiser Events. This company has other outdoor activities as well, such as scooter and kayak tours.
Another option is a Hotrod Tour - this looks pretty fun too! And, there are multiple locations throughout Germany where you can do this.
Other activities that we still would like to do and see while living in Hamburg:
- The Hamburger Dom - A carnival/festival with amusement rides, games and lots of German food to try.
- Mingle and relax at Strand Pauli - A beach lounge area to grab drinks & hang out during the warm, Summer days.
- Go to the Hamburg Fischmarkt - This takes place every Sunday from 5am-9:30am where you can buy fresh fish and produce. (and attracts 70,000 visitors weekly!)...and for the party goers, I have been told by friends that some will stay up dancing at the Reeperbahn until 4 and head to the market to enjoy fischbrochens to top off their night life fun!
- Grab cocktails at the 20up Skyline Bar - feelin' fancy? Then head to this restaurant and bar that is on the 20th floor of the Empire Riverside Hotel with harbor views.
- Bike through The Olde Elbe Tunnel - Built in 1911, the tunnel is now a tourist attraction and also used as a short cut to get from one side of the city to the other.
Boat tours, shows/concerts, soccer games and BBQ's by the Alster are also on our radar - Time to start checking off this list!
"Some old fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat" - Laura Ingalls Wilder
*Elbe Tunnel Photo by © panthermedia*